ORG 716 Wk 1 – Beginning-of-Course Reflection
throughout this course you will complete reflections intended to help you document your personal and professional journey. As you complete this and subsequent reflections, take note of how your skills are developing and changing.
Script, record, and upload an informal, 5-minute video describing how you envision your role as a scholar, practitioner, and leader. Consider the following questions:
- How will you develop these roles throughout this course and the program?
- What are some obstacles you might face as you develop the roles? Describe how you might address them if they arise.
- Which roles do you perceive to be your strengths? Which do you think you will need to work on the most? Why?
- How do you envision using these skills in your career now and in the future?
- Incorporate any relevant observations or insights from this week’s Organizational Theories discussion.
Wk 1 – Summative Assessment 1: The Context of Organizational Development
Organizational theory provides a framework for addressing an organization’s needs and goals. In this week’s learning activities, you discovered several factors that have had an impact on the development of organizational theory in the United States.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you summarize the development of organizational theory, using the following topics and prompts:
Historic Perspectives on Organizational Theory
- Compare the differences between the following historic perspectives on organizational theory: classical, modern, symbolic interpretative, and postmodern.
- Describe the historical context related to each perspective.
Contributions to Organizational Theory
- Assess the contributions of 2 people or 2 events that have had a significant impact on the development of organizational theory. Justify your assessment with supporting details.
- Describe the importance and relevance of their contributions.
- Support your description with historical and contextual details.
Intellectual Disciplines as a Framework for Organizational Theory
- Select 1 intellectual discipline and explain how experts use it to inform organizational development. Refer to this week’s chapter readings as needed.
- Support your explanation with relevant examples.
Cite 3 reputable references (e.g., trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality).
Do you need help with this assignment
At LindasHelp.com , I can take care of all your academic needs including your individual & learning team papers & power points, your Accounting, Finance, Math and QNT labs, sheets, quizzes, discussion questions and Final exams. All the work I complete for you is guaranteed to be 100% original, plagiarism free, edited, APA formatted and just ready for you to add your name on it.